Carriers around the world are embracing 5G as the next generational leap for network technologies, with trials and deployments taking place in just about every major market worldwide. The changing network topology of 5G, with the potential of millions of small cells being added to networks over the next several years, also demands a new approach for service assurance to successfully build and scale 5G networks—one that provides total visibility and actionable insights at all phases of the 5G life cycle, from pre-launch to launch to commercial operations.
5G Life Cycle
But what does 5G life cycle visibility mean in practice? It helps to look at the role service assurance plays in each of the different phases of the 5G life cycle to get a clearer picture of how end-to-end visibility can help carriers overcome the challenges they face in a 5G world:
- Plan: How many cells are enough and where do they need to go? Understanding the propagation properties of millimeter wave in real-world environments is key for 5G. Predictive analysis helps gain visibility into augmentation measurements, develop accurate propagation models, and analyze density and traffic patterns. Bottom-line benefit: Avoid over-planning and under planning and save on CAPEX.
- Trials: Is your 5G network really ready for commercial use? The ability to pre-launch the network in a trial phase and test from multiple sites using near real-time insights is critical to assuring commercial readiness. Bottom-line benefit: Avoiding customer experience nightmares by spotting issues before production.
- Launch: How many customers are using the network at any given time/place? The right analytics can provide key insights into metrics such as unique subscriber counts, allowing carriers to validate customer usage and confirm internal resources. Bottom-line benefit: Knowing 5G update and customer usage at every and any point of the network.
- Operations: How well is the network performing? Where are the trouble spots? End-to-end troubleshooting can be leveraged to ensure low latency at the edge and reduce mean time to repair (MTTR). Bottom-line benefit: Improved OPEX and better ROI evaluation.
- Optimize: What are the traffic hotspots? Where should new cell sites be deployed as traffic increases? End-to-end visibility is crucial to optimizing system performance and improving key-performance indicators (KPIs). This is a continual process that means 24x7 visibility. Bottom-line benefit: Reduced OPEX through optimization.
NETSCOUT delivers Visibility Without Borders from the RAN to the core to the edge. With this unprecedented level of visibility through all phases of the 5G life cycle, carriers can proactively plan for disruptions, monetize new services, maintain SLAs and reduce TCO across multi-generations of network technologies as they forge into the new world of 5G.
Learn more about our carrier-grade 5G solution for the complete 5G life cycle.
Broughton is the senior director of service provider marketing at NETSCOUT.
- Provedor de serviço
Subscribe to Our Blog
NETSCOUT Accelerates the 5G Transformation Opportunity for Service Providers
WESTFORD, Mass., 21 de fevereiro de 2019 – NETSCOUT SYSTEMS, INC., (NASDAQ: NTCT), today announced support for the entire 5G life cycle including planning, rollout, and optimization. Through the availability of its InfiniStreamNG™ (ISNG) Smart Data platform, NETSCOUT provides a carrier-grade solution that delivers visibility for cloud and network infrastructures and next-generation services.
Designed for the cloud, the ISNG Smart Data platform allows carriers to overcome 5G transformation challenges, assure new virtual infrastructures and deploy next-generation services. NETSCOUT’s Smart Data provides unified, precise and early visibility into the risks to applications and services while addressing technology borders formed within the modern hyper-converged, hybrid cloud environment.
“Our customers must be ready to compete in this 5G world with NFV-ready monitoring solutions for new services including IoT that are running in the edge-cloud,” said Bruce Kelley, senior vice president, chief technology officer, NETSCOUT. “These new services demand Visibility Without Borders, which translates into having a consistent and precise view into the health and performance of service levels. This gives service providers visibility across complex environments, including virtual and physical resources, making it possible for service providers to effectively plan for, launch, and operationalize 5G offerings with confidence.”
Planning for 5G
Some of NETSCOUT’s largest customers are currently using technical innovations with NETSCOUT 5G propagation modeling for planning and optimizing 5G services. This approach provides carriers with 5G millimeter wave RF coverage maps, helping to quickly and efficiently pinpoint cell deployment.
Launching 5G Services
The latest release of the ISNG 5G solution is 3GPP Release 15 compliant, with support for non-standalone 5G networks, end-to end, with or without Control and User Plane Separation (CUPS). ISNG provides continuity for existing services by providing monitoring, visibility, and troubleshooting for 4G LTE/5G New Radio (NR) deployment options with or without CUPS. The solution supports virtualization of the mobile network with orchestration, edge-cloud and network slicing, providing carriers with visibility across their complex, hybrid network.
Operationalizing and Maintaining 5G Networks
Because Smart Data is available from ISNG, carriers now have multi-generational networking data, including visibility into the 5G customer experience. With NETSCOUT’s approach of Visibility Without Borders, carriers can ensure accurate metrics from subscriber wire data and network performance for 5G services for the full lifecycle from pre-launch, to launch, to operations.
Mobile World Congress 2019
Exhibiting at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, February 25-28, 2019, NETSCOUT will be demonstrating how it helps service providers achieve Visibility Without Borders to effectively plan for, launch and operationalize 5G offerings in Hall 1, Stand 1D70.
Sobre a NETSCOUT
NETSCOUT SYSTEMS, INC. (NASDAQ: NTCT) assures digital business services against disruptions in availability, performance, and security. Our market and technology leadership stems from combining our patented smart data technology with smart analytics. We provide real-time, pervasive visibility, and insights customers need to accelerate, and secure their digital transformation. Our approach transforms the way organizations plan, deliver, integrate, test, and deploy services and applications. Our nGenius service assurance solutions provide real-time, contextual analysis of service, network, and application performance. Arbor security solutions protect against DDoS attacks that threaten availability, and advanced threats that infiltrate networks to steal critical business assets. To learn more about improving service, network, and application performance in physical or virtual data centers, or in the cloud, and how NETSCOUT’s performance and security solutions, powered by service intelligence can help you move forward with confidence, visit www.netscout.com or follow @NETSCOUT and @ArborNetworks on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
©2019 NETSCOUT SYSTEMS, INC. Todos os direitos reservados. NETSCOUT and the NETSCOUT logo are registered trademarks of NETSCOUT SYSTEMS, INC. and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.